3 Tips to Minimize Fraud for Merchant Accounts (part 3 of 3)
This post concludes coverage of ways to reduce fraud in merchant credit card processing – something all businesses should be mindful of during the busiest gift-giving season of the year. In reviewing all the methods, fraudulent shoppers use to infiltrate e-commerce sites, it can’t be stressed enough how important it is to stay current on merchant credit card processing protections.
Match up the Bank County with Billing Address Company:
It may be easy to miss, so be careful. If the card is issued from one country, but the merchandise is being billed to another, that is a pretty clear indication something may be up. This is really important due to the fact smaller banks may not have as strict identification procedures, and will not catch the error.
Verify if the Mailing Address is a Mailbox or Ship Forward Service:
Anyone trying to scam a business wants to stay anonymous, but they still want to pick up the merchandise. Most often they will use a public P.O. Box, private mailbox, or a drop shipment forwarding address , which serves as a temporary receiving point. Always request a physical address, or don’t send the order. Never send to a P.O. Box (unless it’s a legitimate company), a public rented mail box or forwarding address – as there is no way to verify if the buyer is legit.
Develop an Internal Fraud Avoidance File:
Create a file that includes all the details of each fraudulent order, year after year, to avoid being scammed by the same person again. Include all critical information related to the transaction, including the name, address and phone number(s), as well as credit card number.
Now if an order comes in that looks suspicious, you can review the file to see if there are similarities in the look or presentation of information, or if the same person has resurfaced to try again. This is a great way to keep clear track of potential dangers, and protect your internet merchant accounts against fraudulent credit card transactions.
Need immediate assistance? Complete this form or call us today at 888-383-8056.
Recent Blog Posts
Marijuana, Cannabis Dispensary Merchant Accounts Virginia
Virginia Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Accounts The Transaction Group (TTG) offers merchant accounts for Virginia marijuana dispensaries. If you’re looking for a dispensary credit card processing [...]
Marijuana, Cannabis Dispensary Credit Card Processing Virginia
Virginia Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing Virginia marijuana dispensary credit card processing services. TTG offers the best merchant account solutions & payment options for cannabis [...]
Credit Card Processing Alaska Marijuana Dispensary
Credit Card Processing Alaska Marijuana Dispensary Are you ready to stop operating as cash-only and get set up with credit card processing and banking services at [...]
Illinois Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services
Illinois Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Illinois and looking for merchant account services to [...]
Credit Card Processing Marijuana Dispensary Illinois
Credit Card Processing Marijuana Dispensary Illinois Are you ready to stop operating as cash-only and get set up with credit card processing and banking services [...]
Cannabis ATM Services Chicago, IL., Marijuana Dispensary
Chicago, IL Marijuana/ Cannabis Dispensary ATM Services Are you in need of ATM services or a machine for your Chicago, IL., marijuana dispensary? The Transaction Group (TTG) has got you [...]
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Nevada and looking for merchant account services to [...]
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Nevada? Are you tired of operating as [...]
Are you shopping for a better rate? Let us save you money!
Most merchants are unaware that interchange rates are adjusted as much as 2x per year. Over the course of several years, those adjustments can hike up a merchant’s rate and cost the merchant thousands in processing fees. Contact us via the form above, or call us today at 888-383-8056. Chances are, we can save you up to 25% over your existing rates and fees!
Why do businesses choose to work with The Transaction Group?
- We aim for 100% customer satisfaction. We understand that the customer comes first. At the end of the day, if the customer is not happy, we’re not happy.
- We offer a FREE rate analysis to every business. In most cases, we can save a business up to 25% on existing rates and fees. But if we can’t beat a customer’s rate, we’re upfront from the start. We don’t waste the customer’s time.
- We are reliable and always available. If a customer has any concerns, we’re available even after business hours. We’ll address any issues immediately.
- We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all.We provide solutions based on the specific requirements of each and every business. What’s best for one small business may not work for another.
- We have a fast & easy setup process. In most cases, we offer a fast and easy approval and set up. While some high risk businesses can have longer underwriting times, we keep the customer informed throughout the process and work for fast approvals.
- We have solutions for every business type. From low-risk card-present credit card processing solutions to payment processing solutions for high risk e-commerce stores, we’ve got it all.