Authorize Net is a browser based online payment gateway that has two primary functions:
- AuthorizeNet gives your website and/or shopping cart the ability to authorize and settle credit card transactions in a secure, real time environment.
- Authorize Net also has a virtual terminal feature that will allow you to manually process credit card transactions for phone, mail, and face-to-face orders.
Most major hosting companies and shopping cart providers are compatible with AuthorizeNet. It is critical that you make sure your website’s shopping cart/hosting company are compatible with the credit card processing solution you choose. The last thing you want to do is to set up a merchant account & online payment gateway only to find out they do not communicate properly.
The Transaction Group is a reseller for Authorize Net so even if you already have a internet merchant account and just need a online payment gateway, give us a call. We can set up AuthorizeNet accounts with most major processors.
Authorize Net Online Payment Gateway Features:
- Browser based solution (you can access your account from any computer just as long as it has connectivity)
- No install needed (takes only a couple of minutes to activate & you are up and running)
- Live support 7 days a week (best gateway support – PERIOD!)
- E-check service available (you can process checks, too)
- Maintains a transaction history (you can easily search the database for old transactions if needed)
- You can create multiple user logins.
How it works:
- Credit card transactions are submitted to AuthorizeNet via secure web connection, at POS, or manually using the virtual terminal.
- Authorize Net passes secure transaction information to Merchant’s processor.
- Merchant’s processor transmits the transaction information to Credit Card Interchange.
- Credit Card Interchange identifies the correct issuer and forwards the transaction information for processing.
- The issuer then approves or declines the transaction and if approved releases funds to Credit Card Interchange.
- Merchant processor receives transaction results from Credit Card Interchange.
- Transaction results are relayed from merchant ‘s processor to AuthorizeNet.
- Authorize Net then notifies the cardholder and/or merchant the results of the transaction and stores the information. (steps 1-8 take approx 2-3 seconds)
- Funds are transferred to the merchant’s processor, which are then deposited directly into the merchant’s checking account. (Visa/MasterCard usually take 2-3 business days; American Express and Discover 3-4 days)