Credit Card Processing for Parking Garages & Multispace Meters
The Transaction Group offers secure credit card processing solutions for all types of businesses, including municipal parking garages and multi-space parking meters. We can quickly respond to your RFP (request for proposal), offering easy set up in addition to low rates.
Parking Garage Merchant Account
The technology for credit card processing for parking garages is nothing new. Parking authorities throughout North America have been using merchant accounts for years to allow customers the convenience of an alternative to cash payments.
If you have a parking garage and want to accept credit cards, click ‘Apply Now’ to get started.
In 2010, new security standards were imposed on credit card processors with a goal to protect the integrity of sensitive card data. Although a breach occurred in a New York City garage in early 2012 in which thousands of cards may have been compromised, Visa reminded cardholders that they are protected against fraud with their zero liability fraud protection policy.
Despite this situation, parking businesses and city owned garages are considered low risk operations by processing banks, and the advantages of taking credit card payments outweigh the negative aspects.
Merchant Accounts for Parking Meters
These days, it seems that every government entity in America is trying to operate as lean as possible. Although it’s unfortunate that some jobs are being replaced with technology, when it comes to tax payer dollars, cost efficiency is of primary importance.
Municipalities throughout the United States are starting to employ technology rather than personnel for simple tasks, such as the use of credit card processing for parking meters. Unlike the old style mechanical meters, these fully electrical meters are multi-space or control multiple spots on a block. Some cities and even small towns like Park City, Utah have been using this technology for several years, while others are just getting their feet wet.
The initial implementation of card reading meters can require a significant investment in terminals and units to house the equipment on the street. However, the benefits and cost savings add up quickly. In addition to the convenience to users, the digital meters out-perform mechanical meters. These modern meters employ a merchant account and work off of a wireless signal. They have the capability to automatically report problems so they are not out of service for any significant period of time.
Get Started with The Transaction Group Today!
If your parking operation is in need of a credit card processing service, allow The Transaction Group to help you save money on processing fees. If you are currently processing and looking for a more cost effective solution, we’d be happy to help.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application, or call us today at 888-383-8056!
Need immediate assistance? Complete this form or call us today at 888-383-8056.
Are you shopping for a better rate? Let us save you money!
Most merchants are unaware that interchange rates are adjusted as much as 2x per year. Over the course of several years, those adjustments can hike up a merchant’s rate and cost the merchant thousands in processing fees. Contact us via the form above, or call us today at 888-383-8056. Chances are, we can save you up to 25% over your existing rates and fees!
Why do businesses choose to work with The Transaction Group?
- We aim for 100% customer satisfaction. We understand that the customer comes first. At the end of the day, if the customer is not happy, we’re not happy.
- We offer a FREE rate analysis to every business. In most cases, we can save a business up to 25% on existing rates and fees. But if we can’t beat a customer’s rate, we’re upfront from the start. We don’t waste the customer’s time.
- We are reliable and always available. If a customer has any concerns, we’re available even after business hours. We’ll address any issues immediately.
- We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all.We provide solutions based on the specific requirements of each and every business. What’s best for one small business may not work for another.
- We have a fast & easy setup process. In most cases, we offer a fast and easy approval and set up. While some high risk businesses can have longer underwriting times, we keep the customer informed throughout the process and work for fast approvals.
- We have solutions for every business type. From low-risk card-present credit card processing solutions to payment processing solutions for high risk e-commerce stores, we’ve got it all.