More and more churches are discovering the benefits of having a merchant account which allows them to accept credit card payments from church members. Making donations, tithes or dues by credit or debit card is a great convenience for parishioners – and research shows that having the ability to accept credit cards can significantly increase both the frequency and the magnitude of payments.
With a merchant account your church can:
• accept donations from your church’s membership over the Internet, at your church’s website. We’ll set your website up with a payment gateway from Authorize.net. In addition to allowing members to donate at your website, you can use the merchant account’s virtual terminal to authorize and process donations given to you over the phone or through the mail.
• swipe debit and credit cards using a credit card terminal. A swipe machine allows you to take church members’ cards and swipe them through the terminal, just like in a retail store.
• process credit cards with a wireless terminal. We also make available to your church a number of powerful credit and debit card processing solutions that use wireless machines. Wireless terminals can take the place of your collection plates, so your parishioners can use their credit cards instead of paying cash. The terminals are very reasonably priced and a breeze to use.
• accept credit cards payments on your Smartphone or IPhone. Modern technology now allows you to use your church’s merchant account to accept credit cards using a Smartphone or IPhone. This gives you the ability to be “mobile” and process cards at church bazaars, church picnics or wherever your church’s activities may take you.
Another great feature of our merchant accounts for churches is that they allow your church to accept “recurring” credit and debit card payments, so church members can set up a plan to make monthly tithes or donations automatically on their cards each year, month or week, as they see fit.
So, what’s unique about our merchant services for churches?
• Well, unlike the majority of merchant account providers, we do not ask that your church sign up to a long term contract where, if you later decide you want to cancel the merchant account, they charge you an early termination fee. Not so with us – it’s month to month, so you can cancel without paying a penalty.
• And unlike most of our competitors, we don’t charge you a monthly minimum fee – so that means if you don’t process a lot each month, you won’t be saddled with a minimum monthly fee.
Perhaps your church already has a merchant account to accept credit card payments? If so, there is a very good chance that we can significantly lower the fees you are paying each month. Give us a call and we’ll review your present processing statements and prepare a rate plan for you, with savings of as much as 20%!
To find out more about our merchant accounts for churches, simply give us a call, toll free, at 888-383-8056