Portable Merchant Account Terminals
Portable or wireless credit card terminals can add a degree of flexibility to your business that wired models can have a hard time delivering. First, a little clarification: now that some mobile phones have the ability to perform credit card processing transactions, the term “wireless” might cause some confusion, so for the purposes of this article we will refer to wireless hand-held credit card terminals as “portable”. Here we will take a brief look at some considerations to make when selecting portable merchant credit card processing terminals.
Since the data for credit card processing is sent over a wireless connection, it is important that your device incorporates strong encryption to foil any attempts to hack the signal from the device and otherwise provides security to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry (PCI), and PIN Entry Device (PED) standards; either triple DES encryption or 128 bit SSL can provide adequate security for the wireless signal. To keep your terminal devices usable in a variety of conditions, you may want the ability to connect by either wired or wireless methods, consider if you will need to connect by WiFi, cellular, Ethernet, RS-232, or modem. You will also want to make sure that the portable terminals will be able to hold a charge for at least an entire shift. You do not want to lose a sale because a terminal has to be removed from your floor in order to charge, so you may also want to consider different charging options including vehicle charging. And not all portable terminals have the ability to read smart cards, so you will want to specify this feature if you know you will need the ability to do so.
Once you have taken these few factors into consideration it should be easier for you to narrow your selection of terminals for your portable merchant credit card processing needs.
Need immediate assistance? Complete this form or call us today at 888-383-8056.
Recent Blog Posts
Marijuana, Cannabis Dispensary Merchant Accounts Virginia
Virginia Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Accounts The Transaction Group (TTG) offers merchant accounts for Virginia marijuana dispensaries. If you’re looking for a dispensary credit card processing [...]
Marijuana, Cannabis Dispensary Credit Card Processing Virginia
Virginia Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing Virginia marijuana dispensary credit card processing services. TTG offers the best merchant account solutions & payment options for cannabis [...]
Credit Card Processing Alaska Marijuana Dispensary
Credit Card Processing Alaska Marijuana Dispensary Are you ready to stop operating as cash-only and get set up with credit card processing and banking services at [...]
Illinois Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services
Illinois Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Illinois and looking for merchant account services to [...]
Credit Card Processing Marijuana Dispensary Illinois
Credit Card Processing Marijuana Dispensary Illinois Are you ready to stop operating as cash-only and get set up with credit card processing and banking services [...]
Cannabis ATM Services Chicago, IL., Marijuana Dispensary
Chicago, IL Marijuana/ Cannabis Dispensary ATM Services Are you in need of ATM services or a machine for your Chicago, IL., marijuana dispensary? The Transaction Group (TTG) has got you [...]
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Account Services Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Nevada and looking for merchant account services to [...]
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary Credit Card Processing Do you own or manage a medical or recreational marijuana dispensary in Nevada? Are you tired of operating as [...]
Are you shopping for a better rate? Let us save you money!
Most merchants are unaware that interchange rates are adjusted as much as 2x per year. Over the course of several years, those adjustments can hike up a merchant’s rate and cost the merchant thousands in processing fees. Contact us via the form above, or call us today at 888-383-8056. Chances are, we can save you up to 25% over your existing rates and fees!
Why do businesses choose to work with The Transaction Group?
- We aim for 100% customer satisfaction. We understand that the customer comes first. At the end of the day, if the customer is not happy, we’re not happy.
- We offer a FREE rate analysis to every business. In most cases, we can save a business up to 25% on existing rates and fees. But if we can’t beat a customer’s rate, we’re upfront from the start. We don’t waste the customer’s time.
- We are reliable and always available. If a customer has any concerns, we’re available even after business hours. We’ll address any issues immediately.
- We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all.We provide solutions based on the specific requirements of each and every business. What’s best for one small business may not work for another.
- We have a fast & easy setup process. In most cases, we offer a fast and easy approval and set up. While some high risk businesses can have longer underwriting times, we keep the customer informed throughout the process and work for fast approvals.
- We have solutions for every business type. From low-risk card-present credit card processing solutions to payment processing solutions for high risk e-commerce stores, we’ve got it all.